Monday, November 9, 2009

Debt

debating is hard.
I think I lost a debt for Jesus the other day.

I never really thought of myself as a debater anyway but when it comes to thing that matters most I would like to be able to defend my faith. I know with everything inside me that God is real and sovereign. So why do I go speechless when someone challenges our god? why don't I have all the answers? I have been attending bible classes for two months now and I love learning about Gods word. I have been falling more in love with God threw this proses. But am I learning truth so that I can direct people to the answers they need. I don't know, Maybe I should be studying more? maybe I should be reteaching my lessons? There are so many thing I should and could be doing better.

The debt was about everything, God, the meaning of life, religion and anything else. Now I will say this guy loves to debt anyway so he naturally would be able to talk circle's around me. I know he is searching. I know he seeks truth because he is always reading books. But when he brought up the tough questions in my head I would think I know the truth but I have no words. no evidents for him to understand what I believe. If we were keeping score in this debt I would say it was 1 for me and 9 for him. He always had a oppion and his reason for doughting God. I am not mad that I lost this debt for God, because maybe its not a lose. God is the only one who can reveal truth to someones heart. all I can offer is love and prayer. I guess the reason I have been rethinking the whole thing over and over in my head is because I want to be the person who stands up for Jesus and defends there faith. I don't want to be week.

Less of me and more of God!
God is the only one I want speaking threw me.

I hope that this debt/conversation was glorifying to God. I hope he can use it in some way to plant a seed of truth. I know in my life I learned from the amazing believers around me. I want to show the world God is good. Because weather I said what I was suppose to or not. the facts and evidence remains the same. There is a God who loves us and who we will have to awnser to in the end.

God you know who this debt was with...bless him father and allow me to be a light for him in this dark world.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard for me to see you "losing a debate" because you speak truth over me CONSTANTLY!!

    ReplyDelete